A germination chamber is an enclosed area, where the temperature and humidity can be regulated. There is often some sort of tray stacking system where it is easy to see which trays have germinated and be able to easily insert and remove trays.
Accurate environmental conditions are created within the chamber to perforated different experiments without going on to the field.
Seed Germination Principle:
The aim of seed germination is to inspect thoroughly the viability of seeds. To explain it more, seed germination is a process by which we examine how many seeds are able to grow and produce a satisfactory crop. Seed germination results are also used in seed labelling, certification and sowing purposes.
Step-in Seed Germination Room
Working principle of a walk-in room seed germinator is same as seed germinator chamber. It is the size and capacity of inner space that make difference. When there is need of large seed germination process, walk-in room type seed germinators seem best option. In such equipment, provision of entering a man is given. A man can enter in walk-in seed germinator room and examine the seeding status closely.
The Step in Seed Germinator is corrosion resistant and appreciated among our clients for its fine finish and easy installation
Important Factors for Germination Chamber:
The most important factor for germination are Temperature, Light, Humidity and Oxygen.
- Humidity : Seeds inside a packet has a humidity content of 4-12%. For the seed to Germinate, the humidity needs to be increased to 50%. Meditech germination chamber provides superior humidity accuracy in contact with the seeds and proper drainage of water inside the chamber.
- Temperature : Meditech germination chamber are designed for a wide range of temperature for different species of seed. The above factor is been tested by USDA and various universities across the world. Some species like marigolds germinate between 10°C to 30°C. Other species like Freesia germinate between 10°C to 20°C. Meditech chambers are designed and can be adjusted from temperature range between 4° C to 50° C.
- Light : Adequate light is important for uniform germination of seeds. Meditech germination chamber has a wide spectrum of light. Few also growers treat seeds with light before they are sold. Light is important to prevent stretching once the seed starts germinating. T-8 and T-5 Fluorescent lamps are widely used in germination chamber. Cool white and warm white gives best result. The light canopy is fixed above the trays so that light falls directly on the seeds. Meditech germination chamber is widely used by seed growing companies and growers for optimum environment for different species.
Air Cooled Refrigerated System- Air cooled refrigeration system offer various benefits like:
- Low fan power consumption
- Resistant to corrosion and freezing conditions
- Requires very low maintenance
- Guaranteed long life operation